Monday, January 31, 2011

Celebrating Black Hair: Going Short

Recently I was browsing through a blog about a week ago and they gave a timeline on hair. There were nice hairstyles through the decades in there but NOT one black hairstyle was in place. Well that's where the saying "when you want something done do it yourself" falls into play. For black history month - I want to focus on black hair. Today's post is about chopping it off!

How many of you can reflect back on when you got a haircut and when the hairdresser asked you how you wanted your cut? You referred to Chrisette, Rihanna, Mary, T-boz, Toni, Monica, and of course we cannot forget trend-setter Halle Berry.

Everyone around me is cutting their hair and I am JEALOUS.

Many people are cutting their hair for various reasons: wanting a new look, hair damage, etc.

Are you considering cutting you hair?  Don't be scared. It's a new, yet wonderful feeling. Even better it's liberating. You shouldn't dwell on whether or not you want to cut your hair - you just have to do it!

I say go for it. Cutting you hair is not just about a new look or being bold and different. It's about making a statement for yourself. There is no greater feeling than cutting your hair knowing that you now have healthy hair. Short hair is unique and sexy. I've cut my hair several times for a new look and new beginning. My favorite was when I shaved one side of me head like Cassie and put designs in the side.
  
                                                                

 Helpful Tips if your going to go for the big chop:

  • Go with a few different images of what you want
  • Once you cut OWN it
  • Always try to keep your brows done 
  • Use this as an opportunity to play around with make up 
  • Play around w/ accessories too!
  • Have fun Your hair will not be short forever!
  • Save money by going to the barber for shape ups


Too scared to cut then you can always try a wig, or a really short weave.

Want more hair tips and secrets on hair the subscribe to my site today for free www.queenslace.com 

I want to hear your haircut stories please comment and tell me all about it!

Have a happy hair week,
Yondel

2 comments:

  1. Some women prefer to apply the wig at home for privacy reasons while others do not want to pay for what they can do themselves. Whatever the reason, here is a simple step-by-step guide to applying a lace wig. orange lace front wigs

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hello I am so delighted I located your blog, I really located you by mistake, while I was watching on google for something else, Anyways I am here now and could just like to say thank for a tremendous post and a all round entertaining website. Please do keep up the great work. short lace front wigs

    ReplyDelete

Ask me anything about lace wigs or post a comment!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...